About Town Hall
This handsome building on the east side of Kelso Square was built in 1816 to replace an earlier Town House which had become ruinous. Originally it had an open arcade for market stalls on the ground floor, but this disappeared during major repairs in the early 1900’s. In this building, until 1975, Kelso Town Council successfully ran the affairs of the town, and its courts dealt with petty criminals. Today its main room is still used for Community Council meetings, exhibitions and other public functions.