The Row

History & Heritage
The Row', was formerly known as 'Rotten Row' and is situated on the east side of Lauder's main street

About The Row

'The Row' was, until 1823, part of a road which led through Lord Lauderdale's policy to the Easter Road at Norton. Two notable houses in The Row are Nos 4 and 19.
No 19 The Row was the home of Dr John Wilson (1804-1875), minister of the West Kirk, who went to India as a missionary and founded Wilson's College. He was held in high esteem throughout India and was a close friend of Dr Livingstone.
No 4 The Row was built by the Burghers in 1795 as a meeting house and church. It has subsequently...

More like The Row