About St Peter’s Episcopal Church and School
In 1851 there was a small Episcopalian Chapel elsewhere in the town. On St Peter’s day, 28th June 1853, the foundation stone was laid for the present church of St Peter’s. The school was built in 1859 with accommodation for 265 scholars. To provide better teaching conditions, a new school building was added in 1938 on Parsonage Road a short distance to the east.