St Mary's School
About St Mary's School
The oldest part of the house dates from 1820 and has an elegant bowed central bay with an armorial panel over the doorway. Stedman owned a great deal of land around the house, including an extensive orchard stretching to the Abbey. He was chairman of various civic bodies in the town and played an important part in the life of Melrose during the 19th century.