About Melrose Parish Kirk
This building was constructed between 1808 and 1810, dedicated to St Cuthbert and it replaced the Abbey as a place of worship. A fire in 1908 destroyed much of the building and a new kirk was built which incorporated the tower and spire of its predecessor. The War Memorial at the edge of the kirk grounds was erected in memory of the men of Melrose who died in the First World War. After the Second World War, the names of those who died in that conflict were added.