About Leaderfoot Viaduct
The Leaderfoot Viaduct is sometimes known as the Drygrange Viaduct. This railway viaduct stretches over the River Tweed near Melrose and stands 126 feet from the floor of the river valley. It was opened in November 1863 for the Berwickshire Railway. The line closed to passenger traffic on 13 August 1948. It was upgraded from Category B to A listing in 1986.
Parking can be found in the Old Melrose Tearoom which is situated nearby.
Park and walk over Drygrange Bridge to admire the Viaduct.