About Kirk Wynd
The building on the corner of Kirk Wynd. This building was formerly known as the Free Church (1842) and was dedicated by Dr Wilson (see The Row) whilst on furlough (holiday) from Bombay. This church was then amalgamated with the United Presbyterian Church to form the United Free Church in 1910. This church was built at the far end of the High Street near the West Port but has subsequently been demolished. This property in Kirk Wynd was gifted to the Parish Church in 1910 from the Earl of Lauderdale. This building is now used for industrial purposes.
Notice the interesting arch headed windows in the side gable.