Dalry Parish Church

History & Heritage
The parish church in Dalry was design by William McCandlish and was completed in 1831.
share

About Dalry Parish Church

The parish church in Dalry was design by William McCandlish and was completed in 1831. It replaced a ruinous building of 1771 and is thought to be the third church to stand at this site, with records dating back to 1427. The church stands near the Water of Ken with wide views of the Rhinns of Kells. The kirkyard features the burial place of the Gordons of Lochinvar and has graves of various Covenanters including Alexander Gordon, John Grierson and Robert Stewart.

More like Dalry Parish Church