Chain Bridge

History & Heritage
The bridge was opened formally on 26th October 1826
share

About Chain Bridge

This suspension footbridge crosses the River Tweed from Melrose to the village of Gattonside. It was opened in 1826 and is an early surviving example of this type of bridge with a span of 91 m (300ft). A notice is fixed advising on use of the bridge: no more than eight people at one time and no swinging allowed.

More like Chain Bridge