About Penicuik Town Hall
Built by Alexander Cowan of Valleyfield Paper Mill, a nationally important social reformer and philanthropist. Clock added 1901, design as on Tolbooth Museum, Edinburgh. Architect Campbell Douglas in Scottish Baronial Style. Included large public hall with gallery, library, gymnasium and public baths. In 1960 the Burgh Council took over from the Cowan Trust to use as Town Hall; now let to organisations and individuals for events and meetings.
Penicuik Community Development Trust run Sunday Cinema. Tel: 01968 673767 for information