Miners' Rows

History & Heritage
These single storey brick cottages were built following the completion of the Lady Victoria pit in 1896
share

About Miners' Rows

The brick-built houses were laid out in parallel streets named First Street to Tenth Street. For 40 years until his death in 1939, the colliery manager, Mungo Mackay, exercised a harsh but fair hand over the miners' lives: woe betide the miner who did not keep his garden spick and span.

More like Miners' Rows