About Glencorse Reservoir
It is retained by an earth dam, and it was built between 1820 and 1824 by James Jardine to provide water for the mills of Auchendinny, Milton Bridge and Glencorse, and to supply drinking water to the citizens of Edinburgh. The reservoir is the property of Scottish Water.
The reservoir is not the primary source of drinking water for Edinburgh, but instead provides a top-up supply when the principal supply from the Megget Reservoir and Talla Reservoir are low. Glencorse also has inlet points from both of these reservoirs.
The reservoir has also submerged St Catherine's Chapel.